The Chairman of the Board of a company is a member of the board of a corporation who presides over its meetings and is the highest-ranking officer in the corporation.
The Chairman is an elected person with managerial powers.
The Chairman of the Board may be elected or re-elected directly at the general meeting or from among the members of the Board by voting, for a period established by the Charter of the company.
The Chairman directs the activities of the board.
The chairman ensures the implementation of the decisions of the general meeting and the board.
The chairman acts and signs payment documents on behalf of the partnership and makes transactions that, by the current legislation, the company’s Charter, are subject to mandatory approval by the board or the general meeting.
The chairman develops and submits for approval by the general meeting the rules for the internal work schedule of the board and the company’s service personnel, as well as the regulation on their remuneration.
The Chairman is guided in his work by legislative and regulatory acts, the Charter of the company, these instructions, decisions of the general meeting, the board, and other documents.
The Chairman of the Board is a representative of the company without a power of attorney in all executive, representative, and judicial authorities.
- Legislative acts of the state.
- Charter of the company.
- This job description.
- Contracts for the maintenance and provision of utilities and other services.
- Other documents relating to the activities of the company.
The duties of the chairman of the board are:
- Organization of effective interaction of structural divisions and services of the organization.
- Personnel policy, control over the hiring of adequate employees, ensuring their training and proper performance of their duties, dismissal of employees who do not correspond to their positions, incentives, punishments, vacation schedule. The heads of all services are hired directly by the chairman.
- Issues of remuneration of employees, staffing and pay scale, the appointment of bonuses, fines, additional payments, etc.
- Optimization of the expenditure side of the cinema, reducing the cost of all services.
- Resolution of serious conflict situations between employees of the organization and subtenants.
- Determination of the pricing and discount policy of the organization in cooperation with the company, including the rent for subleased premises (including charity).
- Checking and, if necessary, drawing up contracts for advertising and other services with business partners of the organization, monitoring their execution.
- Monitoring the effective operation of advertising activities, making decisions on advertising policy and individual promotions, both initiated by the organization and attracted.
- Interaction with government agencies, law enforcement agencies, resolving issues related to inspections by government agencies of the organization’s activities.
- Interaction with external contractors, consideration of applications and proposals for the services of the organization, holding events on the territory of the organization and renting premises.
- Solving issues related to the purchase of goods necessary for the functioning of the organization (including the approval of purchase lists and the issuance of money for them, as well as accounting for current expenses).
- Monitoring the effective functioning of a computer, detecting shortcomings in it, working to eliminate them, making decisions on upgrading, and purchasing the necessary computer equipment.
The Chairman of the Board is responsible for:
- Organization of office work on the board.
- Organization of accounting and storage of documents.
- The correctness of the conclusion of contracts.
- Timeliness and completeness of tax payment.